Dr John Celes (14-2-1957 / Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India)
On Our Dad’s Death Anniversary
Today, our dad beloved had passed away,
Two dozen years ago from earth this day
–A gifted man who etched in gold his stay,
For us to follow life-long and to pray!
In humble ways, he tried to live all life,
Invoking God in happiness and strife;
His tribulations hurt his heart like knife;
His love for neighbor was so great and rife!
His loving memory, we cannot forget;
To his great love and care, we stay in debt;
Another man like him, we have not met;
In heaven, he must be –we all can bet!
We long to see you daddy very soon;
Without you, there’s no beauty in the moon;
You left us like the rain in sun of noon –
A saintly man, our life’s ship-mast and boon!
May your soul rest in peace in Christ!
Dedicated by your ever loving children
Copyright by Dr John Celes 5-6-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
- "Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian ...
- "Happy May Day,2012! "
- (a mono-rhyme) To be exalted...
- (Matthew 27 v.46)
- ‘’Tis Time to Get Married! ’
- ‘Bees will Return to Hives! ’
- ‘Cheer Up, Fella! ’
- ‘Dogo Erectus’!
- ‘Happy Birthday! ' Dear Mary, Mother of ...
- ‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
- ‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mum! '
- ‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemenc...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.