On The Good Ship
She never met the Captain
the ocean knew his name?
Rugged hopes clenched together by the threads of rapture embraced by him!
Late night secret sailings to the cave-of-bonfire-hearts-
reading charts...of his art? ...to show her his worthy way...
Danger was as close as a serpents shave?
the ocean knew her name?
the safety of his presence turned her cryptic voyage worldly.
Smooth vibes fastened together-
by the strands of everlasting space.
Sentenced early mornings...now freed by the protection of his compelling vision
With her one last desire!
he cast his breath among the pulse of time
to salvage their new beginning.
Thus a new day was born..
Martina Moriarty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On The Good Ship by Martina Moriarty )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Hunting Of Dark Angel, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Cracks, petra pen
- FAITH, GREED & INTEGRITY, Tom Zart
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Security Is A Pain, John deVries
- Simply Spoken Melting Crystals, Heather Burns
- There Was..., Aparna Chatterjee
- A Dream, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- I work to cure but think about sweet Swe.., Nyota Yasulwe
- Music, Ruth Manning-Sanders