On writing poems
Staring at the white space of this page
Nothing comes out, my eyes are glazed,
Struggling to put words together, to write
But they elude me now, the words don't come out right.
I am drawing a blank!
No inspiration and feeling frustration.
Is it my lack of concentration?
So many subject matters to discuss
Why can’t I just on one thing focus?
Millions have written about love and lust
Hatred, compassion, joy, desperation!
Families, friends, religion and politics
But, for the love of me, on nothing I am transfixed!
On writing prose, I do much better
For I am able to express myself clearer
The flow just comes so naturally
But at writing poems, I am so rusty!
Limited has become my vocabulary
And the challenge is getting everything to rhyme!
Perhaps, at the right time, upon an inspiration
The words will flow smoothly, and magic will happen!
Kathleen Reguindin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On writing poems by Kathleen Reguindin )
- In Living Memory (11-22-63), John F. McCullagh
- Music, Fatima Nusairat
- what swanky sap is this?, Mandolyn ...
- Natural, David Chap Bottoms
- I end poem, hasmukh amathalal
- here's my armadillo, now get me a pillow.., Mandolyn ...
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- With her ability, hasmukh amathalal
- Inhuman way, hasmukh amathalal
- THERE IS…, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)