On writing poems
Staring at the white space of this page
Nothing comes out, my eyes are glazed,
Struggling to put words together, to write
But they elude me now, the words don't come out right.
I am drawing a blank!
No inspiration and feeling frustration.
Is it my lack of concentration?
So many subject matters to discuss
Why can’t I just on one thing focus?
Millions have written about love and lust
Hatred, compassion, joy, desperation!
Families, friends, religion and politics
But, for the love of me, on nothing I am transfixed!
On writing prose, I do much better
For I am able to express myself clearer
The flow just comes so naturally
But at writing poems, I am so rusty!
Limited has become my vocabulary
And the challenge is getting everything to rhyme!
Perhaps, at the right time, upon an inspiration
The words will flow smoothly, and magic will happen!
Kathleen Reguindin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On writing poems by Kathleen Reguindin )
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael McParland
- The Writing Competition!, Denis Martindale
- Daru Piyo, Talk To The Girl And Do Naxal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love and Strange Horses—Intima', Nathalie Handal
- debris, oskar hansen
- Les Éventails, Portraits of Passion, Nathalie Handal
- The Hooked & Crooked Men As The Communis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Star chat........., SALINI NAIR
- Chicane, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Just A Few Simple Words, Electric Lady
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)