I have beheld the jasper
And I've seen the sardis stone
I have beheld His glory
And I've seen His blood atone.
Gold, silver, precious stones
Are what I've built upon
The foundation that is Christ
In this my work goes on.
No wood, hay or stubble
In my work can I afford;
For the test of fire shall try it -
The fire of the Lord.
1 Corinthians 3: 11-14
Richard Merrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Foundation by Richard Merrell )
- Pieces Of A Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Blue Lotus, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Omnipresent should, gajanan mishra
- Haiku. Sunset (5-7-5), Valsa George
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.23, Monk E. Biz
- Haiku. A City (5-7-5), Valsa George
- Please make yourself, gajanan mishra
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.22, Monk E. Biz
- A Recipe for Joyful Living, Valsa George
- BESTIE, Eleonor Santiago