L C Vieira
One More Chance
If only I had one more chance to share my Lord with you
If only I had said those things that burned within my heart
If only I spoke Jesus' name with more conviction too
If only I'd done all I could, we might not be apart
No more next times, I had the chance. I guess you had it too,
Yet, if I could wish for one more time to see your face I would.
But i kneel here at Jesus' feet and where my friend are you?
Those things shared once were not enough, oh, if only twice I could.
Now Jesus speaks and I look up; He leads me to a place
where - stands my friend, my old dear friend, who's made it home I see!
Oh, while I prayed and struggled, you somewhere joined the race,
for God turned foolish things I said, to gems that set you free.
So now you know the peace I know because that tiny seed,
I thought had missed your heart God touched, and it indeed did grow.
I planted small, God blessed it all, and I'm the one to reap
the greater part of joy we share together at Christ's throne.
L C Vieira's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One More Chance by L C Vieira )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Chicken dance, gajanan mishra
- Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After Love's Partition, Velvet Boots
- Pleasures Of Love, Lilly Emery
- Enchantment Of Yesterday, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Great Thugs of Indian English Poetry.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Spaniels, Diane Hine
- WE RIDE NORTH, AWAKEN!, Hibah Shabkhez
- I am the paradise, gajanan mishra
- Non-Belief and Nothing, douglas scotney