Only The Dead Are Shown
How far away is heaven?
Or should I ask how near?
The greatest minds could not estimate,
No telescope could peer.
It is the troubling distance
That the living can never know.
How far or near is heaven?
Only the dead are shown.
Jonathan Platt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Only The Dead Are Shown by Jonathan Platt )
- Outlook, hasmukh amathalal
- Of Sinne, John Beaumont
- Forgive Me, Ismim Putera
- A Monster's Warning, Bruce Larkin
- Of Teares, John Beaumont
- Advice from the Jackalope Man, Bruce Larkin
- The Mind Of A Blacksmith, M.D Dinesh Nair
- ~ Living ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- A Dialogue Between The World, A Pilgrim .., John Beaumont
- Bookworm, Naveed Khalid
Poem of the Day
- Suicide in the Trenches, Siegfried Sassoon
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- From 'The Testament of Beauty', Robert Seymour Bridges
(1886 - 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)