Ooh but I wanna study abroad! !
I hope I become an entry
In your diary.
This hope is so strong in me
Since you are not mean-
Judging from history, at least.
Well, my story goes this way;
I dream of a day,
A near date.
On this date
I will fly
To another part of the sky-
Call it China-
So that i may study there.
The acceptance papers are here
so is part of the bills for it.
Now, the other part is still out there.
I wail out loud
For someone, anyone to supplement my bail out.
Cherret Leakey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ooh but I wanna study abroad! ! by Cherret Leakey )
- Stars Studded the Sky (cinquain), Harindhar Reddy
- Waltz of a Dream, Nathalie Handal
- La Movida, Nathalie Handal
- Scary and Nightmarey Ghost Walked, Harindhar Reddy
- I give You the Love of Calla-lily, Harindhar Reddy
- Captured In Chambers Of My Heart, Narayana Raghavan
- Beauty Revisited, Narayana Raghavan
- Santiago, Nathalie Handal
- Limerick-36, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Nightened Color, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Andrew Barton Paterson
(17 February 1864 – 5 February 1941)
(1886 - 1967)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)