Lawrence S. Pertillar
I am not opposed to opposition.
In fact I keep it no secret of my welcoming it.
Since I know those who do frequently oppose,
Are reluctant to expose any position they propose...
With a difference that provides a defined benefit.
But rely upon expressing their indifference,
For the attention it gets them...
Is the only focus those opposing offer.
As if the doing of this helps others to 'assume',
Anyone taking a stance of opposition...
Hides an abundance of competence.
'And your plan is...
~It doesn't matter.
But I guarantee you this,
It is much better than the one he proposes.~
'Even a hint or a clue,
Would give us an idea of what you do.'
~Just take my word for it.
It is much better than what he has shown you.~
'But he has shown us what he has done.
And all you've come here with is opposition.
With a taking of a negative position,
To leave here as a fact to be received as believed.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Opposition by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Of Life Is Change, Is It Poetry
- Chicken Burger, Angela Wybrow
- Take me home, Barbara Dixion
- How...?, Ginny Gibbs
- gustakhi karke ched gyin uski aankhein, Yashvardhan Goel
- mukda, Yashvardhan Goel
- No More Yelling, Michael McParland
- The Wilderness We Abandon, Robert Rorabeck
- Best Lesson, sallam yassin
- Our Heavenly Souls, Robert Rorabeck
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)