Lawrence S. Pertillar
I am not opposed to opposition.
In fact I keep it no secret of my welcoming it.
Since I know those who do frequently oppose,
Are reluctant to expose any position they propose...
With a difference that provides a defined benefit.
But rely upon expressing their indifference,
For the attention it gets them...
Is the only focus those opposing offer.
As if the doing of this helps others to 'assume',
Anyone taking a stance of opposition...
Hides an abundance of competence.
'And your plan is...
~It doesn't matter.
But I guarantee you this,
It is much better than the one he proposes.~
'Even a hint or a clue,
Would give us an idea of what you do.'
~Just take my word for it.
It is much better than what he has shown you.~
'But he has shown us what he has done.
And all you've come here with is opposition.
With a taking of a negative position,
To leave here as a fact to be received as believed.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Opposition by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- God and Most Young People, Is It Poetry
- Left Before She Was Found, Sierra Staten
- Child in Me, Sierra Staten
- Of the Seven Deadly Sins- Jealousy, Emily Liang
- Crashed Thrones, Abby Bilan
- BMO, A.R Evangelista
- Let it remain, hasmukh amathalal
- Miracle over, hasmukh amathalal
- In The Eyes Of The Lord, Tom Zart
- My feelings, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Autumn Days, Heather Burns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)