Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
I am not opposed to opposition.
In fact I keep it no secret of my welcoming it.
Since I know those who do frequently oppose,
Are reluctant to expose any position they propose...
With a difference that provides a defined benefit.
But rely upon expressing their indifference,
For the attention it gets them...
Is the only focus those opposing offer.
As if the doing of this helps others to 'assume',
Anyone taking a stance of opposition...
Hides an abundance of competence.
'And your plan is...
~It doesn't matter.
But I guarantee you this,
It is much better than the one he proposes.~
'Even a hint or a clue,
Would give us an idea of what you do.'
~Just take my word for it.
It is much better than what he has shown you.~
'But he has shown us what he has done.
And all you've come here with is opposition.
With a taking of a negative position,
To leave here as a fact to be received as believed.'
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.