Lawrence S. Pertillar
I am not opposed to opposition.
In fact I keep it no secret of my welcoming it.
Since I know those who do frequently oppose,
Are reluctant to expose any position they propose...
With a difference that provides a defined benefit.
But rely upon expressing their indifference,
For the attention it gets them...
Is the only focus those opposing offer.
As if the doing of this helps others to 'assume',
Anyone taking a stance of opposition...
Hides an abundance of competence.
'And your plan is...
~It doesn't matter.
But I guarantee you this,
It is much better than the one he proposes.~
'Even a hint or a clue,
Would give us an idea of what you do.'
~Just take my word for it.
It is much better than what he has shown you.~
'But he has shown us what he has done.
And all you've come here with is opposition.
With a taking of a negative position,
To leave here as a fact to be received as believed.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Opposition by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Importance of compassion, gajanan mishra
- A Flower Which Dreams, Rohit Sapra
- Ways of Being Me, Rohit Sapra
- Disappearing Wings, Prasad Natarajan
- One who is against truth, gajanan mishra
- The Rain Falls On The Hill Above, Dennis Lange
- A Mirror, Margaret Alice Second
- Corners Of The Mouth, Saiom Shriver
- Lower Bunk Karma, Saiom Shriver
- Riddle Poem, Kiera Price
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
- Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, William Shakespeare
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)