A Lost silent moan has traveled far from its bed.
There's no switch to turn off my head.
Late as always, I can't sleep these days.
Feel the pain in my soul as it decays.
How long is it going to take to get through this depressive phase?
Empty inside like a mannequin, motionless, silent & cold
Rotting inside, I don't feel like myself, I feel old.
It's killing me when you're away.
It kills me that I can't runaway.
Is there anything more discouraging as an empty inbox? !
Anything more discouraging than the slow hands of the clock? !
A few miraculous rays of light into the darkness
And I'm drowning in my thoughts, I'm still wide awake!
Tired - I surrender - Pull me up, for god's sake!
Sameera Alshaikh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Oppression by Sameera Alshaikh )
- Pigeon, Foster Teegarden
- Idle mind at rest, hasmukh amathalal
- Against nature, gajanan mishra
- Train, Foster Teegarden
- Inspiration (Haiku), Toshie Nohara
- Rain In Summer, Neela Nath
- Friendship is made by God, gajanan mishra
- Friend, JAMES T. ADAIR
- You'll Never Know, Akhtar Jawad
- Resource less, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley