Orion the Hunter
Orion was a hunter great.
Goddess Diana loved him most.
Her brother Apollo did hate
Orion for his mortal boast.
So he tricked Diana to shoot
Her arrow at a target far,
Not knowing that its fatal route
Would pierce Orion in death scar.
When Diana saw what she'd done,
In grief she gave Orion to
The heavens as the hunter one
For all the world his hunt to view.
Watch Orion in the stars where
Forever Orion hunts there.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Orion the Hunter by Ima Ryma )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Science Vs Spirituality, Tushar Ray
- Everlasting silence, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- all the sun does is stare at my faults, Mandolyn ...
- If I seem, Rodney R. Cooper
- Mojo, Morgan Michaels
- The Tiny Beauty, Zoila T. Flores
- Christmas Tree Ornaments, Frank Avon
- Wasted Words, Kela LewisMorin
- the lights are still up, Bull Hawking
- Unclassified, Kela LewisMorin