Orion the Hunter
Orion was a hunter great.
Goddess Diana loved him most.
Her brother Apollo did hate
Orion for his mortal boast.
So he tricked Diana to shoot
Her arrow at a target far,
Not knowing that its fatal route
Would pierce Orion in death scar.
When Diana saw what she'd done,
In grief she gave Orion to
The heavens as the hunter one
For all the world his hunt to view.
Watch Orion in the stars where
Forever Orion hunts there.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Orion the Hunter by Ima Ryma )
- All are mine, gajanan mishra
- Our Air, Foster Teegarden
- I wear a sweater now, The Princess
- Morning Triku V, Steve Kittell
- To My Love, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Scrutinized As Being Abusive, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sting, Foster Teegarden
- Some Ghoul, Foster Teegarden
- the man of christmas, Faith Taylors
- My Description, Foster Teegarden
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)