Orion the Hunter
Orion was a hunter great.
Goddess Diana loved him most.
Her brother Apollo did hate
Orion for his mortal boast.
So he tricked Diana to shoot
Her arrow at a target far,
Not knowing that its fatal route
Would pierce Orion in death scar.
When Diana saw what she'd done,
In grief she gave Orion to
The heavens as the hunter one
For all the world his hunt to view.
Watch Orion in the stars where
Forever Orion hunts there.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Orion the Hunter by Ima Ryma )
- The ones we Love, Leroy Numa
- Unriven, Saiom Shriver
- Mid-City's Nursery Rhyme, James B. Earley
- Mum's Birthday, Raghda Ashraf Soliman
- Limerick-14, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- When My Ship Comes In, Mawunyo Adjei
- With elegant grace she overflowed, Erato
- My Words, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Sealed, Valerie Dohren
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)