Ornate Box Turtle - Lincoln Park Zoo
An Ornate Box turtle I be,
Born and raised at Lincoln Park Zoo.
Now I'm ready to be set free
To roam land as we turtles do,
Back to the Great Plains habitat,
Where in the grasses I will dwell,
Munching on berries and bugs at
Whatever spot I park my shell.
I could live for thirty plus years,
Counting growth rings to mark the date
On shell of yellow spots and spears,
On dark background - call me ornate.
Lincoln Park Zoo gave me my start.
Thanks to all from this turtle's heart.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ornate Box Turtle - Lincoln Park Zoo by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- After All, Ryan Scales
- Poet Freak Tide Wave Words, Terence G. Craddock
- A PRETTY MARRIAGE OF OUR TIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Horrible Howl In A Winter Wonderland I.., Ryan Scales
- A Horrible Howl In A Winter Wonderland, Ryan Scales
- 21 Shades Of Blue Intertext Part 1: The .., Ryan Scales
- Poet Bound Sentenced Ancient Mariner Tides, Terence G. Craddock
- THE FACE OF THE BLOODY MASSACRES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Cat Faces, Ryan Scales
- Far, Brandt Nightingale