Oscar The Dog
Oscar the dog, white and fluffy.
He told people that one day in
February during a snow storm when
Everyone stayed in their houses while
He went outside chasing the snow and
Caught them all, “Sometimes what you catch
(like an over-affectionate boyfriend or girlfriend)
never leaves you”, Said Oscar the dog.
From a straight-male’s perspective, if you learn
To kiss a woman like Oscar the dog,
She’ll definitely leave you and she will run over mountains
to Niagara Falls for a shower.
But if you learn to kiss a man
Like Oscar the dog, you’ll make the people
In the gay parade proud.
One can learn much from Oscar the dog
Especially during a party. He will amble around
The room sweeping away half-finished salads,
Or a bowl of rice and then napkins to wipe himself
Before lecturing his guests the meaning of sharing.
Duy Bui's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Oscar The Dog by Duy Bui )
- There Will Always Be Another Poem, Shalom Freedman
- This Is My Bungalow, This Is My Car, Thi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- f' my life i hate this place, shannon strauss
- Pulmonary Hypertension, Strydar Enox
- Depths Unknown, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- English ‘hope', douglas scotney
- Looking for a new land, gajanan mishra
- Let Vishwakarma Be With, The Divine Mast.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- TWIRLING WANDS, shannon strauss
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )