Lawrence S. Pertillar
Living within the midst,
Of one's own history to experience...
Does not need an interpretation,
From anyone who has been distant from it...
To interpret those events to re-invent,
Those occurrences to convince others...
With a doing of their unsolicited druthers,
To embellish exaggerations to get an attention.
So often there are a few,
Willing to give their opinions and points of view...
As to how someone has come to achieve,
A wisdom received...
As if through osmosis this was done to accomplish,
Without participating in a life one lives...
With a doing to do and not to prove to anyone,
What one does to achieve is not in need of an audience.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Osmosis by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My plaints, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- The Blind's thought, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Like a snake, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- Time. Us. Stay., Eleonora Bistrianu
- Scuttled away, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Exist. Exist. Exist., Eleonora Bistrianu
- I'm His Angel 4 Life, Samantha Jorgensen
- Vulnurable, Somanathan Iyer
- Only to be experienced!, Somanathan Iyer