Looking outside as the cars pass by
Wonder where they are going?
Where has their life lead them?
Dark out now
Still see people out driving
Wonder where their family is?
Why are they out here?
Life has many turns.
No one life is the same
Do you understand that?
When you kneel beside your bed at night
Who do you pray for?
As humans, we are selfish creatures.
You pray for your family and friends.
What about the others of the world?
You don't pray for them.
Don't think beyond you social group.
Try this when you kneel to pray
Ask that your God
to help the people you do not know.
Help the ones that cannot help the position they are in
Help the single mothers
who work three jobs for her child
Help the ones dying of cancer
While you complain about a cold.
Pray for the ones who need it.
Go about your life
Read this and laugh
Say 'why should I think about them? '
'They never pray for me! '
I, myself, has prayed for you
Prayed you would receive happiness
That you would achieve your goals.
That you would take and look around
See the people you never noticed before
Help them, and pray for them.
Believe what you will
The choice is yours.
Still looking out the window.
Watching the cars pass
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Others by Ashley Davis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Shadows in the Dark, Darlene Walsh
- Who can be one's bombshell?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Eveningsong, Elizabeth Shield
- Chords Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Composite Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Journal Editors Calling Themselves C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- until we end up in the same tent..., Mandolyn ...
- At First Sight, Elizabeth Shield
- Recognition Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- बिमा, Ronjoy Brahma