Ottawa Changes, June 23rd,2011
If we scrapped the appointed Senate, would anyone know?
But their political appointees want to maintain the status quo,
They have good soft well paying jobs until they are nearly dead,
Or was that seventy five or eighty five - no one really read.
To listen to their news, it might be the end of the world.
Nothing like this has happened before since the flag was unfurled,
God might come down from heaven or the devil come up from hell,
Whose doing this – the prime minister or some drug cartel?
Because those of us outside of Ottawa would hardly know,
Not much concerned with distant Ottawa government overflow,
So the provinces might get a kick at the cat and all that,
Because Ottawa expects that the provinces should go to bat.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ottawa Changes, June 23rd,2011 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Tom The Badger, Phil Soar
- NotVery PC, Phil Soar
- Disguise, Aparna Chatterjee
- WHITE: The colour of pride, Mohammed Rakibul Hossain
- Elimination of Stress and Strife in My L.., K J Force
- Philip's Philippines, Richard Thripp
- less, lee fones
- Boven de Mens'lijkheid, Madrason writer
- Sleep To Dream, Arafat Driche
- The curse of poverty, Arafat Driche