Our Final Verdict
It can come calling us any time
Be it rain or shine,
It comes so unexpectedly
That we keep wondering repeatedly,
We had met the person only yesterday evening
Unable to believe or am I dreaming!
It's something that visits us without intimation all of a sudden
To ease us from the life's burden,
To depart from the worldly stake
Giving us an eternal break,
It can come not necessarily while driving or trekking
But even at home while we are resting!
To elude it, we tend to take extreme care to be safe
Avoiding any godforsaken deed or place,
But if it has to come
It follows us even if we run,
Here there is no religion bar
As everybody is treated at par!
So do whatever you feel like doing and fly high
Go scuba diving, para gliding, go touch the sky
As no matter what, if time hasn't come we will subsist
Live your life to the fullest, do not resist
Death is one thing which no one can predict
As to when is the exact date and time of Our Final Verdict!
Kavya ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our Final Verdict by Kavya ... )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Hey, you there?, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Song of Love Sing I, Whsitle I, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Moment Of Madness, Oduro Bright Amoh
- if you ask me, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Don't Forget Me, JAMES T. ADAIR
- Know Thyself, Savita Tyagi
- counting moths, lee fones
- Is This India Where Female Foeticide Is .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- आंखौबो अन, Bahadur Basumatary
- In company, hasmukh amathalal