just when i thought i was over you,
I saw a picture of you with a girl I don't know
I wanted to shout but then, I will not stoop that low
It's really hard when you're only learning to let go
Because looking back will always be a big NO-NO
What's the big deal? You and I were never together
So why am I hoping to be with you forever?
I guess the two of us were never meant for each other
Nothing really started so nothing will be over
I used to say I wanted our friendship to remain
But after all you've done, all I feel is pure disdain
You think I'm so ordinary, just like that- so plain
You didn't notice that I'm more like a porcelain
There's really no sense trying to make everything right
Well, In the first place, we never had a proper plight
We never had an argument that led to a fight
Just a love connection that ended one April night
Here's the truth, a confession I've been wanting to tell
I'm really trying to move on, so I can be well
But in my mind, there you seem to comfortably dwell
And so you are making my whole world a living hell.
Please cooperate, please be nice, please be man enough!
When you said you love me, I thought it was not a bluff!
So take responsibility and don't you dare laugh!
Sooner or later I'll find the courage to be tough!
As for now, bear with me and pretend nothing happened.
I still can't accept that our friendship came to an end
I used to reach out and you'll be there to grab my hand
Now you're just somebody that used to be my best friend.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (over you by nijhako dibo )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- un-nerves sh#t - sweet child of mime, sEaN nOrTh
- The Wise Man, Brian J. Stafford
- Cos Their Real Money 2, sEaN nOrTh
- Indian Republic Day,2015, Dr John Celes
- humans, lee fones
- hunger, oskar hansen
- Ideals Of Views, Margaret Alice Second
- [CW]Watch The Flash Season 1 Episode 11 .., Renz Barns
- [VIDEO]Watch The Flash Season 1 Episode .., Renz Barns
- Still my tears flow, Wala' Qamhieh