Overhung with You
Above the only two lines of 'Ode on Napoleon'
Coleridge tacked a hoarding
Explaining how he'd been compelled to attempt it
Despite knowing that anger, hate,
'Vengeful spleen' and 'hoarse wailings'
Never a decent poem make.
He blames the abandonment of the ode
On an overhanging 'yew',
Meaning, the hated emperor,
One can assume,
Or, knowing the poet,
A drug Sam would often consume.
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Overhung with You by douglas scotney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Raining Love, Sandra Feldman
- I Still Read, An Apology For Someone Pro.., Michael McParland
- Not Missed, Michael McParland
- Trigger Happy, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- I Am Nobody, Michael McParland
- Goodbye, Michael McParland
- Farewell, Michael McParland
- Falling, Michael McParland
- The Poet's License, Tony Adah
- A Journey That Ended In Laughs, Michael McParland