See the Morning Glory
blooming with the dawn
resting content and still.
Hold the tender bloom
for you alone it grows.
I would have need
were you not here.
Let us share the dance
tunes in the air;
speaking ocean depths
frothing waves and high,
oyster shells upon the beach,
pearls about your neck.
John Rickell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Oyster Shells by John Rickell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- you're tall enough to ride this ride, Mandolyn ...
- Acrostic, Cheryl Griffith
- Heart, Sello Matsepe
- It Feels So Far Away This Evening..., B.. Alexander
- Neophytic Gay-Blade, Richard Thripp
- Rebel, Nassy Fesharaki
- Your Organ Donor Card, Richard Thripp
- Floating Feathers, Ronald Chapman
- I LOOK FOR NEW FACES ابحث عن وجوه جديدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- First Date (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman