pain is what most try and avoid.
pain is what makes people struggle.
pain is what hurts physically.
but it hurts more mentally.
pain physically doesnt last.
pain physically only hurts one.
pain physically can be mentally overtaken.
but pain physically isnt physical at all.
pain mentally can last for ages.
pain mentally can hurt everyone around you.
pain mentally can only be overtaken mentally.
but it takes mental strength not physical strength.
pain when controlled mentally, can be whatever you want it to be.
pain when controlled mentally, can be pain for your whole life.
pain when controlled mentally, can hurt whoever you want it to hurt.
but if it can be controlled you can make it into strength.
the strongest people in the world have overcome the most pain.
the strongest people thrive off there pain.
the strongest people remember their pain.
but the strongest people already know this.
they know strength cant come without pain.
they know not to forget their pain.
they know there pain can fuel there strength.
but my strength makes my pain not hurt as much anymore.
i know i have felt more pain than most.
i know my pain is unforgettable.
i know my pain inside and out.
but without my pain i would not be the rock of a man you see today.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (pain by Eric Karns )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Night Thoughts, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Poem of the Day
- Be a runner, gajanan mishra
- Rosy - 2, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Nangalum Manidan Than!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Time For Healing and Time to Love, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Merry-Christmas, gajanan mishra
- The best of surrenders, A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash P ..
- This world is yours, gajanan mishra
- Wrapped Around Your Finger, Amber Carr
- With full freedom, hasmukh amathalal
- તે જ જોવાનું..tej jovaanu, hasmukh amathalal