Pain in These Eyes
When you look into someone's eyes, you can see everything.
You see emotions and their journey.
Their heartbreaks and their fears.
Their memories, maybe even eternity.
Now, look into my eyes,
And tell me what you see.
Can you see the darkness,
That lives deep within me?
Can you see the light,
That has faded so dim?
Or how about all my regrets,
And how weak I am?
Can you see my soul,
As it's begging for help?
Or all the loved one's I've lost,
Can you see how I felt?
Can you see all my haunting dreams?
Or all the secrets locked in my heart?
Im trying to put back together this puzzle of life,
Can my eyes tell you how I start?
Can you see the day of my best friend's funeral?
Do you see all the tears that fell from my eyes?
How about all the pain it brought?
Or the way my shoulders shook from how hard I cried?
Can you see all the happiness I wish I could feel?
Or all the visions running through my mind?
What about all the truth I desire?
But can never find.
Can you see the visible lies that have broken my spirit?
And the pain that always seems to find me?
My eyes tell you all of this,
Just take a glance into them, and you will see.
Through my eyes,
I have told you my diary.
Now, look into the eyes of the person next to you,
And tell me what you see.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pain in These Eyes by Nikki Moon )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- WATER MUSIC, I. _ ['Musiche sull'Acqua'.., Fabrizio Frosini
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- My other half, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bird's View - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- motherly love, Candymarie Nevin
- Random Thought, fletcher maddern
- Still Awake 2, Michael P. McParland
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak