Pain runs riot all over my body.
Thousands of poisonous leaches
Swarm in the head.
Blazing hot air flowing out of nostrils.
Invisible smoke burn the eyes.
Tortuous missiles rip through the bones,
killing all my innocent sensitive organs.
I clamp a curfew by stopping breath,
And pressing my gums against each other.
But riot flares up again when relaxed.
Shut up the windows! Ban the entry
Of your scenic splendour.
That sonorous melody pokes
My wounds, inflames the veins
And tones up the torments.
Bring the pain killers.
Catch hold of my head!
Thrash it against the rock
And shake it.
Lift a boulder and crush the out-coming
Wretched trouble-maker insects.
Or call in a killing dark in dead silence,
And a slashing background.
Then thundery blows,
And a hammer to harp its fiery strings,
A gun to yield rhythm through shots,
And chorus screams to voice the orchestra,
and see my eternal relief.
World are you ailing too?
Then try this remedy.
Pulakkumar Ditti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pain Killers by Pulakkumar Ditti )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Be childless., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- दंङ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Internet Poets, Without Pen & Paper & Th.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works, C Jay Caputo
- The CPI(M) Should Not Talk of Himan Rig.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...