Pain runs riot all over my body.
Thousands of poisonous leaches
Swarm in the head.
Blazing hot air flowing out of nostrils.
Invisible smoke burn the eyes.
Tortuous missiles rip through the bones,
killing all my innocent sensitive organs.
I clamp a curfew by stopping breath,
And pressing my gums against each other.
But riot flares up again when relaxed.
Shut up the windows! Ban the entry
Of your scenic splendour.
That sonorous melody pokes
My wounds, inflames the veins
And tones up the torments.
Bring the pain killers.
Catch hold of my head!
Thrash it against the rock
And shake it.
Lift a boulder and crush the out-coming
Wretched trouble-maker insects.
Or call in a killing dark in dead silence,
And a slashing background.
Then thundery blows,
And a hammer to harp its fiery strings,
A gun to yield rhythm through shots,
And chorus screams to voice the orchestra,
and see my eternal relief.
World are you ailing too?
Then try this remedy.
Pulakkumar Ditti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pain Killers by Pulakkumar Ditti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Steve Turner
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- I have got my body, gajanan mishra
- Many Types of Pain, Christina Seyoum
- Good things, hasmukh amathalal
- I failed to understand this world, gajanan mishra
- Now I am Mr. Delight, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The 7 Signs of The Holy Night...(In Haik.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Day After Chris+mas...(A 10 Word Acr.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- So encouraging, hasmukh amathalal
- So Good, Michael P. McParland
- Snuggle, Michael P. McParland