Pain runs riot all over my body.
Thousands of poisonous leaches
Swarm in the head.
Blazing hot air flowing out of nostrils.
Invisible smoke burn the eyes.
Tortuous missiles rip through the bones,
killing all my innocent sensitive organs.
I clamp a curfew by stopping breath,
And pressing my gums against each other.
But riot flares up again when relaxed.
Shut up the windows! Ban the entry
Of your scenic splendour.
That sonorous melody pokes
My wounds, inflames the veins
And tones up the torments.
Bring the pain killers.
Catch hold of my head!
Thrash it against the rock
And shake it.
Lift a boulder and crush the out-coming
Wretched trouble-maker insects.
Or call in a killing dark in dead silence,
And a slashing background.
Then thundery blows,
And a hammer to harp its fiery strings,
A gun to yield rhythm through shots,
And chorus screams to voice the orchestra,
and see my eternal relief.
World are you ailing too?
Then try this remedy.
Pulakkumar Ditti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pain Killers by Pulakkumar Ditti )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Mr. Mountain, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Dear father, Missau Missau
- Phenomenal Cover of Beauties, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Anecdote of a Neglected Man, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- COPLA 86 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Mbaitoli, Missau Missau
- An Evergreen's Aubade, Maurice Whyte
- The Love Of God, BRENDA KANSHABE TUMUSHABE
- A SHADOW IN DAKNESS, ROCHISH MON
- Flaming Desire, Pijush Biswas