Pain of losing your soulmate
Lost in a black abyss, my voice echos in eerie silence. where am I who am I. I cannot remember.
Please Lord wake me from my tormenting nightmare that stalks me while I'm awake.
I scream into emptiness! Let my life be the way it was.....what we worked so hard for.
So, many obsticals, hurtful moments.
Like the Devil constantly on my aching back.
I need rest from this torment and pain! Or is this ment?
Why so much loss and pain? Oh they say I'm strong completely alone. What have I gained?
A stronger back, Thicker skin....to handle more pain? Maybe my job is to see what a human can go through without giving in.
It's been said by ignorant mouths, don't live in the past. But, look to the future!
Oh ignorant souls, WHo I don't bother ask what would you do?
THe past like history tends to repeat its self. That Says I'm denstin for pain
I beg for no one to love...I don't need history to repeat it's self and be the same.
What happens when the love you have been with since childhood, is gone. How it's so hard to carry on.
Alone and scared, missing half your soul...your torment will be forever long.
Lonely nights, misunderstandings. Rapes, abuse. No one there to turn to.
I pray I can be released from this never ending nightmare. There is no one as you know out there who cares.
Alone and vulnerable, I am with out you. destined for horror what do I do.
Unable to pull it together. As people do everywhere. THey don't know you or us.....THey don; t know my innocence my everlasting nightmare of dispare.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pain of losing your soulmate by paula hakala )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Ode on Solitude, Alexander Pope
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- ಶೂನ್ಯ, Deepak Malapur
- Here We Are In The Year 2015, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Woodcutter, prayash purush
- A Deprived Child, Dona Jean
- Meditation, Rimni chakravarty
- Dear! It Has To Be you, Rimni chakravarty
- Upon These Adored Shores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Myself, Rimni chakravarty
- A tale of two trees, Ricky Nyairo
- Priceless Price, Persian Nightingale