Pain Over The Ages.
I breathed in pain for ages,
She blazed in adversities,
Consoled each other dreaming
Of becoming soul mates in future.
Adolescence was eaten by worms,
Obligations swallowed Youthfulness,
Silver hair tips announced
Advent of middle age shadows.
She matured into a yellow flood,
I transformed an icy mountain.
Life burned on red flames of pain
Deserting even thought-fragments.
Dreams of honey drops ascended
Over relations of utter bitterness,
Pain-flames finally turned us
Ecstatic ashes for unborn ages.
Tajudeen Shah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pain Over The Ages. by Tajudeen Shah )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1878 - 3 May 1916)
(1924 - 2000)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Indian Weavers, Sarojini Naidu
Poem of the Day
- My Time, Kyle Schlicher
- TEACHER, Shachi Kaul
- Jackals cleverness., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Gibberish, hafiz qasim
- Child Of Mine, Kyle Schlicher
- My Heart Is Heavy, Kyle Schlicher
- Beautiful Dusk, Shachi Kaul
- New year, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Am Ready, Kyle Schlicher
- Sonnet: The God of Fairness, Justice and.., Dr John Celes