The Silent Sword
Upon the night sky are billions of stars,
Twinkling and shining in a world so far.
Some burned brighter than others it seemed,
Outshining the lesser- the lights undreamed.
Greater than stars that dominated the night,
The modesty of the moon, her pale glowing light.
Though the night sky does not always enshrine
The pale glowing orb that shouts out 'Divine! '
The moon is the greatest of all that ignites,
The night's most prized of angelical sights.
And the moon glowed proud and bright, immovable.
How it reminded me of her, so pale and so beautiful.
The Silent Sword's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pale Beauty by The Silent Sword )
- Decree's, Cee Bea
- A letter to a soldier., Harold R Hunt Sr
- 11 Days Before Christmas, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Who Are These Killers, Harold R Hunt Sr
- When I, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That night mother had no egg, Mark Heathcote
- Under my microscope's scrutiny تحت تمحيص.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Misunderstanding of Christmas., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Nothing Wrong., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Walk Not Alone, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns