Subdued voices in prayer softly humming
Tremulous fingers on string of harp gently strumming
Children, imbued with the wan moonlight scatter and strew
Branches of leafy palm along the road, chanting:
'Hosanna, Hosanna in the Highest, ' in praise of Jesus, the King
Adorned in glistening white, straddled meekly upon a colt,
His Holy Face set like flint; saints listening
To rolling thunder; behold a searing lightning bolt.
Earth and Heaven can be seen rising in the constellations
Whirling in His Heavy-Lidded Eyes: To Jerusalem, Jerusalem
The pearl and queen of nations; Holy city set on the hills
Is His virgin bride; soon His precious, saving Blood
Will fall in great red drops to the earth
And redeem all Noah's children from the time of the flood.
Come, let us join the Holy Angels in perfecting praise
To the Father forever for His Only Begotten Son's Virgin birth;
The Son of God whom the Father himself from the dead would raise.
Barry Blander's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Palm Sunday by Barry Blander )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 February 1882 – 13 January 1941)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Small-scale Reflections On A Great House, Ramesh Iyengar
- The Shoelace, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Behind Closed Doors Once Again, Electric Lady
- Toronto, J.S. Campbell
- Unread Lines of My Existence, Sierra Staten
- The Guilt Trip, David Lewis Paget
- Ambrosia, Gaby Bernier
- Music is the bliss., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Live while you live., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Man dangles without woman., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Religion is a recreation., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I have got my body, gajanan mishra