Did Pandora act out of curiosity when opened the evil box?
Or maybe Zeus took revenge on humans for their arrogance
Still indignant about Prometheus' defying deed?
A hybrid of water and earth, Pandora was given
Lavish gifts from gods and goddesses
Beauty and slyness, flattery and wit
A sweet voice, and a power of men
When all the dreadful misfortunes spread all over the Earth
Only hope remained on the bottom of the box
Which was probably Zeus' will
And since then, disease and evil have been visiting us
As unbidden guests, day and night
With inaudible steps they come inside silently
Because Zeus created them mute
Aram Stefanian's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pandora by Aram Stefanian )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- only Dfence against the rythym - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -42, Ronjoy Brahma
- Clubfoot, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Cabaret Ludwig, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- love is, Gicaniro Will
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -41, Ronjoy Brahma
- Prayer and love, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Not to be in surplus, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Volunteers, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -39, Ronjoy Brahma