What shall the paper boat
speak of its pain?
Over the nights,
it has longed for
a sheet of wetness;
sitting on the sand,
it has meditated.
In the colours of shadowy
light, it has painted on the canvas;
it has painted a sea of poems
with a single tear.
How will the paper boat
speak of its lonely sadness?
Samarendranath Mahapatra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Paper boat by Samarendranath Mahapatra )
- Occasions Of Promise, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A LITTLE PRAYER, Vinaya Joseph
- Even for bluff, hasmukh amathalal
- For you - Mother, gajanan mishra
- My Morning Glory, Refa Kris
- The Beast, Shannon Paterson
- Mode Of Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Gathering Compensation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 2 of A Kind, Josep Rodriguez
- पाऊस ओथंबुन वाहत असताना..., Amit Anjarlekar
Poem of the Day
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)