Parable Of Faith
Now, in twilight, on the palace steps
the king asks forgiveness of his lady.
He is not
duplicitous; he has tried to be
true to the moment; is there another way of being
true to the self?
hides her face, somewhat
assisted by the shadows. She weeps
for her past; when one has a secret life,
one's tears are never explained.
Yet gladly would the king bear
the grief of his lady: his
is the generous heart,
in pain as in joy.
Do you know
what forgiveness mean? it mean
the world has sinned, the world
must be pardoned --
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Parable Of Faith by Louise Gluck )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Bereaved, Susmit Panda
- True love, Einar Johan Wetaas
- Incredible Semi-final of 2014 FIFA World.., rajendran muthiah
- Roller Coaster, Jeffrey Lee
- A Late Night Dream, Jeffrey Lee
- Leaving The Campus, Think of I Taking To.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Suicide Note, Kathy Liu
- When Your Dark Shadows, Susmit Panda
- Ballade of the hours of darkness, Gert Strydom
- Prime Truth - 15, Pranab K. Chakraborty