Pardon My Words
Pardon my words when I speak the truth.
No matter how gentle I want to say it,
It's still painful but gives life to the word freedom.
Pardon my words when I don't say the words you want to hear.
For not all thoughts are meant to be uttered but felt.
And not all praise are to be given as lip-service.
Pardon my words when they're Greek to you.
It's either you level up to me
Or ask me to simplify them at the very least.
That is, if you understand what communication means.
And lastly, pardon my words when they sound mellifluous.
That's because I know them.
I use only the words I know.
Words I learned on my own,
Those that were forced to be learned,
And those which represent me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pardon My Words by Syl Espina )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Thanks for Remembering Us, Dana Gioia
Poem of the Day
- Angw, Swrji Basumatary
- Brutality, gajanan mishra
- Blessings and mercy, hasmukh amathalal
- Manw..?, Swrji Basumatary
- She Came to Me, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Life Begins Again, Md. Ziaul Haque
- A Good Soul, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Best Wishes My Love, Valentine Mbagu
- Relativity And Love, Sambanath Denis
- 2014, Joseph Archer