Parents And Their Eternal Love!
Small bright eyes and clenched fists,
Tears trickling down covered with the mists…
That’s how we enter this world,
Unaware of the future…trapped and curled….
Taken to your mum amid meaningless songs,
Getting love and care and everything your heart longs…
She hugs and kisses, with her newly formed passion,
Neither money nor jeweler but you become her fashion…
Stays awake every night, for YOUR sound sleeps,
For a glance of your face, from blanket she peeps…
She drops her tears, to wipe yours away…
She cuddles…she adores…in her heart you always stay…
Then comes your father…tactful and strong,
Guiding you always, on your rights and wrongs...
Chilled out yet strict, he becomes your hero,
Your worries and problems come down to zero…
Then you grow up, they become your friends,
They try to catch up with your ever changing trends…
Sometimes you tell sometimes you yell…
They make it heaven for you if you ever feel like hell!
Then just as a baby bird fly in the sky,
You fly too…leaving behind a sigh!
As the winter of your parents comes near…
All they want now is just YOU my dear!
Their heart longs for your feel…your touch,
They count on you…’cause they love you so much!
They long for your warmth…your love and care…
‘Would you let them down? ’—how can you even dare! !
At times they’ll tell…at times they’ll yell…
Now its you to make it heaven out of hell!
They are growing old, you should be their friends
Now its you to change with their trends...
It’s your turn now; show them that you love,
Respect their heart, being pure as a dove…
Cuddle them…embrace them…take their care!
Its YOU that they now need, please be fair…please be fair! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Parents And Their Eternal Love! by Mansi Sharma )
- she, Surendra Negi
- Meant To Be, Mark Arvizu
- Trembling Thirst, Mantu Mahakul
- Final Truth, Mantu Mahakul
- The Sower And the Seed, George Egba
- Garden capers, Mark Heathcote
- Controlling the five senses leads one to.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Buried in my chest, Meena Mustafa
- Unlike Many, Alade Abayomi IdrisWhite
- Many Heavens, George Hunter
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)