The lane on which I travelled for an year
Is closing down forever
With a sweet warning
Never turn back
As you will find yourself
Like an alien
surrounded by none
Recognised by none
Welcomed by none.
The old moments were
Like each footprint you made
on sands of time and
Were washed away as you went on
Taking each steps forward.
Now what remains with you
Is only the memories, which you can cherish it anytime.
Each steps you climbed on 2013
will become sweet memories of 2014.
Before stepping into new and unknown zone
I wish to take few past memories with me
Before bidding good bye to 2013.
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2013
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Past 2013 by Geetha Jayakumar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- My Buddha, Natasa Tocuc
- Alankar(Decor) -195, Indira Renganathan
- Childless, Edgar Albert Guest
- On Quitting, Edgar Albert Guest
- Hard Luck, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Boy's Tribute, Edgar Albert Guest
- Heroes, Edgar Albert Guest
- Loveness, Sir Hossein Sabbaghi
- आय' अनजालि आंनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- Memorial Day, Edgar Albert Guest