Lawrence S. Pertillar
Paths Protected By Fences
No one can predict with certainty,
The outcome of events.
And even though some may be convinced,
To follow along paths protected by fences...
Will eventually free them from troubles,
No longer to face but eliminate.
Those within those fences might find locked gates,
To prevent them from a promise made...
That the paths they walk on will provide escapes.
And through locked gates they witness to see,
Those they did not believe...
They knew gates to be locked permanently,
Walking around freely and appearing to be relieved...
That a tasting of truth no matter how bitter,
Left them to know deception for what it was.
With it discovered...
No path one takes to explore and adventure,
Should be fenced to prevent the journey to experience...
That which is unknown.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Paths Protected By Fences by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)