He penned 'The Old Woman Of The Roads' and 'A Cradle Song'
And to Ireland's best lyricists he surely belong
And his haunting ballad 'She Moved Through The Fair'
With any song ever written is one to compare.
And though to the reaper the poet has long gone
His best poems and lyrics will always live on
He sure was a master of the wordsmith trade
Poets like him are born they cannot be made.
The name of Patrick Colum is a memorable name
Even in his own lifetime he did know great fame
The beauty in his verses is for all to see
A man of great talent who penned great poetry.
Many of his poems are good but his best poems are great
And with the best of Eire he is one to rate
And even in death his fan club does grow
Most lovers of poetry a song or poem of Colum's know.
A legend in death and in his own lifetime
Patrick Colum one who penned quite memorable rhyme
His wonderful gift with the World he did share
A poet of the people and his type are rare.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Patrick Colum by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Going For Gold, Angela Wybrow
- A Tragic Fairy Tale, Pankti Vadalia
- Sealed Lips, Tony Adah
- Autumn, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Reasons Not To Visit Dachau, Leslie Philibert
- St. Valentine's Day, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pleasure's Signs, Edgar Albert Guest
- Bud Discusses Cleanliness, Edgar Albert Guest
- Our Country, Edgar Albert Guest
- Being Dad On Christmas Eve, Edgar Albert Guest