James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
Pauline, Premier Of Quebec
We should all admire Pauline, premier of Quebec,
So the deaths of her people, need not be a painful wreck,
Her Bill 52 will give them death-with-dignity for sure,
And their medically assisted dying could be a sort of cure.
Maybe just maybe the rest of Canada will follow along,
Unless our appointed Supreme Court says it’s all wrong,
It happened when Sue Rodriguez with Lou Gehrig’s tried,
Since then many Canadians facing death in pain, have cried.
Pauline of course has church and political opposition,
If its not an archbishop or a priest, its some politician.
And the Ottawa crowd are too busy with a scandal a day,
They are so busy; they just want to dodge and stay away.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.