I feel incomplete
without him, now.
Though not in any way
I’ve felt before.
Just a little back-flip
in the bloodstream
And complete ease
in his company.
He is like a comma,
Or a semicolon;
but not life-threatening.
He offers me a polish
My days a rhythm.
He is the choreography
to my speech,
The music to my lyric,
The map to my meandering.
A steadiness that rolls
Yet, grants me time.
As the pause within
My frenzied spattering,
He does not take my breath away.
He gives it back to me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pause by Emily Dawn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Commitments, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Battle of our own life, binod bastola
- Before you've brushed your teeth, Mark Heathcote
- Arrival, Tony Adah
- Nigeria I Hail Thee, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case