Peace Little Birds
They mostly like to hide from watcher eye
But today around the thicket verge they fly
And utter forth their squeaky warning cry
The white browed scrub wrens have their young nearby.
The scrub wrens worry for their family
Two little babes at least or maybe three
In grass nest cloaked by leaves on grass near ground
In scrub with heavy thicket all around.
Peace little birds you have no need to fear
Your babes in nest i will not venture near
No need for you to worry about me
I will not harm your little family.
The scent of gum a gentle Summer breeze
And young birds chirping on the sunlit trees
As from scrub wrens territory i walked away
Out of the wood into December day.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Peace Little Birds by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Friendship's Light, Pamela Kewin
- Windmill, lee fones
- A Rise of Fury, tolu ogundare
- I Feel Your Darkness, Lilly Emery
- Arabian sea., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Winter Walk..., Denis Martindale
- Year 3000 and Beyond (A Scientific Fores.., Jesus James Llorico
- When Dreams Come, Kyle Schlicher
- Horse of the Hot Bloods, tolu ogundare
- of my Pride, sEaN nOrTh