Vincent G. Mead
Today I have been issued a dare, by my peer,
If I do what they ask I will get in trouble, but they swear,
my life they will not spear
And if I don't they will make me into a rubble I am so
scared, who cares?
Tonight I can't sleep, this trouble is too deep,
I can't make a peep, I began to weep,
Is there no one who cares? That I am so scared?
Because of my Peers, I am filled with fears
I cried out in despair, is there no one who cares?
It was then, a small still voice spoke "I have seen your
tears, and your fears"
"Who are you? My Dad? My Mom? My Teacher?"
"From my Kingdom beyond the sky, I heard your cry
I see how hard you try, I heard you ask why?"
For you I am always here, to you I am always near,
To me you are very dear, so be of good cheer"
"How can I be of good cheer? When on my life they swear,
Don't you care, that I am so scared?"
"They are preying on your fears, ignore the stares
Pay no mind to the jeers, for you I do care
Obey your parents and Teachers they were sent to deliver
you from the jeers, and snares
Of your peers, over these formative years"
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Peer Pressure by Vincent G. Mead )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Oh Mediterranean sea, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Ramblings of Devils Workshop, Nalini Chaturvedi
- BEFORE YOU CAST THE STONE, kevinsky nyaga
- Remembering you Bother, NEDRA WILSON
- Noemia de Sousa (The Poem of Joao), African Poems
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman