Vincent G. Mead
Today I have been issued a dare, by my peer,
If I do what they ask I will get in trouble, but they swear,
my life they will not spear
And if I don't they will make me into a rubble I am so
scared, who cares?
Tonight I can't sleep, this trouble is too deep,
I can't make a peep, I began to weep,
Is there no one who cares? That I am so scared?
Because of my Peers, I am filled with fears
I cried out in despair, is there no one who cares?
It was then, a small still voice spoke "I have seen your
tears, and your fears"
"Who are you? My Dad? My Mom? My Teacher?"
"From my Kingdom beyond the sky, I heard your cry
I see how hard you try, I heard you ask why?"
For you I am always here, to you I am always near,
To me you are very dear, so be of good cheer"
"How can I be of good cheer? When on my life they swear,
Don't you care, that I am so scared?"
"They are preying on your fears, ignore the stares
Pay no mind to the jeers, for you I do care
Obey your parents and Teachers they were sent to deliver
you from the jeers, and snares
Of your peers, over these formative years"
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Peer Pressure by Vincent G. Mead )
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- It Is Called Time, Naveed Akram
- Ethical living., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Dolce Vita, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Aapko Dekh Kavita Likhne Ki Eccha Hoti H.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Poem, John Gray
- Labor as a Tulip, Karen Volkman
- Sprig of Lilac, Hyam Plutzik
- O Foreigner Girl, Say You What Is My Rel.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cold, Luo Zhihai
- LOVE STORY, Eugene Latumbo