His vision seemed struggling
To leave the fleshy flaps,
Aiming epic destination beyond
The gloomy dusk of generations.
Having known and forgotten
Everything around, within
And beyond his intellect,
The scepter duly slipped off.
Hercules dared not to trace,
Neither Oracle whispered the fate,
Nor could Socrates define,
Only caused foreheads to bleed.
The wand glorious might have found
It's eternal abode in depth infinite.
Tajudeen Shah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Perennial Pursuit. by Tajudeen Shah )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Time is Time, Juliet Languedoc
- The Garbage Is Collected On Thursday, Kyle Schlicher
- Are The Girls For To Be Sold & Bought?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Was Thirteen, Kyle Schlicher
- A strong strife!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- I.H.Rizvi As A Romantic Indian English P.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Life In A Beer Commercial, Kyle Schlicher
- MY KALAHANDI, Prasanna Mishra
- A FISHERMAN'S BASKET سلة صياد السمك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Decorating The Interior Of Nothing, Kyle Schlicher