PETE TOWNSHENDS GENERATION
Pete Townshend proudly bares his scar
off the sixties rock and roll star.
The wild intellectual man of rock
has lived beyond the shell shock.
His 'My Generation' anthem faith tune
haunts like the raging barking moon.
Those lyrical fate words became gold.
I hope I die before I get old.
Pete Townshend the smashing guitar hand
took the tortured artist passionate stand.
His great rock explosive band 'The Who'
always let the blues experience ring true.
With a healthy power volume loud mix
of sex spirituality love and politics.
'The Who' proved to be all the rage
playing loud and heavy upon rock stage.
Today Pete has gone beyond single hit
the teenage mod anthem ego song bit
to become the adult sober life soul
with communication his main path goal.
Pete's grown up you or I might say
but in his own weird peculiar way
still his inspired musics sound is high
reaches and rocks out for you and I.
Writing out his sermon and his confession
rock stars hedonistic hard learned lesson
all about the ingredients of rock and roll
where losing discovering self is the goal.
Wayne Falconer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (PETE TOWNSHENDS GENERATION by Wayne Falconer )
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- As One Breathes The Air, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan