PETE TOWNSHENDS GENERATION
Pete Townshend proudly bares his scar
off the sixties rock and roll star.
The wild intellectual man of rock
has lived beyond the shell shock.
His 'My Generation' anthem faith tune
haunts like the raging barking moon.
Those lyrical fate words became gold.
I hope I die before I get old.
Pete Townshend the smashing guitar hand
took the tortured artist passionate stand.
His great rock explosive band 'The Who'
always let the blues experience ring true.
With a healthy power volume loud mix
of sex spirituality love and politics.
'The Who' proved to be all the rage
playing loud and heavy upon rock stage.
Today Pete has gone beyond single hit
the teenage mod anthem ego song bit
to become the adult sober life soul
with communication his main path goal.
Pete's grown up you or I might say
but in his own weird peculiar way
still his inspired musics sound is high
reaches and rocks out for you and I.
Writing out his sermon and his confession
rock stars hedonistic hard learned lesson
all about the ingredients of rock and roll
where losing discovering self is the goal.
Wayne Falconer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (PETE TOWNSHENDS GENERATION by Wayne Falconer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- MAN'S GREATEST NEED, Michael P. Johnson
- The unknown face, vinit ghosh
- Kiss Me Bye, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Lust, Love, Hate, Pain, freya busby
- ruff draft.., Leila Hadi
- On Repeat, Leila Hadi
- Ammunition for the Cause, Leila Hadi
- my high school poetry, Leila Hadi
- westnile, Leila Hadi
- With colors, gajanan mishra