Philippines Miss Universe
Philippines Miss Universe 2011
The other day, we had witnessed the beauties
in their glamorous display of their wit and body
mesmerizing anyone even the unseen deities
who may have envied these candidate's beauty.
After a tedious long month display of disposition
sixteen finalist were given the due recognition
to have the highest votes from the judges decision
of Which our own candidate was among the selection.
With her enchanting display of her passion and beauty
Our own lady, Ms. Shamsey Supsup pave the way
for the Philippines to be a great contender country
in any competition of women charm and beauty.
When the top five finalist at the of the competition
were announced with the announcer's diction,
The Whole Philippines rejoiced with the inclusion
of Miss Philippines to the Miss Universe position.
Then come with the deciding moment of this search
Candidates were asked to answer questions to unearth
their fluency and ability to share their wisdom to this earth
but only the Philippines answered without interpreter's mirth.
She answered well with a strong will and conviction
That God be the first, above love to any man's creation
that if such man truly love a woman without hesitation
He should love her God first, should he wanted her passion.
Her questions is too personal as it touches religion
and what she may said though right at her conviction
may not be accepted by judges with religious indignation
and this could have let her down for the prestigious crown.
But indeed, great was her accomplishment for this nation
She had shown that, our land is a beautiful nation
Heaven of beauties with great wisdom and passion
that out of 89 beauties, she was in the 4th in position.
Long Live Ms Universe 3rd Runner up Shamsey Supsup
We are proud of you, may your kind increased
MELVIN BANGGOLLAY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Philippines Miss Universe by MELVIN BANGGOLLAY )
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Lucy Gray, or Solitude, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Well-Worn Story, Dorothy Parker
Poem of the Day
- Ballade [The goat scratches so much it c.., François Villon
- Love Note 6, Michael P. McParland
- Sending Words about Overnight in Fishing.., Luo Zhihai
- Give me 'all of you', Juwon Daniel
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai