When I awoke, and found you there
I felt your pain and your despair
I did not want to, however so,
I knew it was time to let you go
The call was made, your fate was set.
This day I remember and will always regret.
With crying eyes and a heavy heart,
I carried you in, not wanting to part.
Your life was good, you loved and played,
I remember a puppy that never strayed.
You were part of my family for 17 years,
With your Rangy fur and perked up ears.
For the final moment I held you tight,
Kissed you softly and felt no fight.
Your breath had stopped; your eyes went blank,
My tears flowed out, my heart just sank.
I took you home to your final place,
Laid you out and touched your face.
I buried you deep with what strength I had,
Forever gone and it makes me sad.
The love you gave, was special to me,
I will always remember, my pretty girl, Phoebe
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Phoebe by Michael Hughes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Shiny Stars, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Your beating heart, Diana Rosser
- To Like Is Not to Love, Sandra Feldman
- Byrne-Milliron at dusk, Jeffrey Tillery
- longest ever tattoo (unfinished), lee fones
- Together..... My Love And I, Lora Colon
- VOICE OF REDEMPTION, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- And...Enter The Children, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Quickened Methods To Destroy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Love Is In The Air, Lilly Emery