Phoenix Of Self!
In this love,
The thirst of eternal love,
The hunger for knowledge,
The aspiration of wisdom.
Made respire not the air,
But that fire of longing!
When ever burning longing in heart,
When heart can't contain,
Millions of nuclear bombs
That fire burnt all,
Ashes were residue only of
Only narrow and mean
terrestrial needs remain,
Start spreading in all world the perfume
As fumes of good deeds and
From that ashes the phoenix of
Self rose and flew high,
Covering all worlds under its wings glowing with Galactic brightness!
In flash of that blazing light,
I never found myself,
How can I be fond of myself,
The point circle,
when expanded into boundless,
or may lost, circumference melted,
I can't say it may be my sphere
How can one imagine shape and
name of boundless existence,
Is this that, I was mad after in love,
Or is it that was making me mad
or created me and worlds?
Now madness came to end,
As time, space, thoughts,
knowledge, All lost in a flash of that light of
Ramdas Bhandarkar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Phoenix Of Self! by Ramdas Bhandarkar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The person I've become...., Liliana lopez
- *VIII*- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron
- My cage..., Liliana lopez
- Prayer To My Ancestors, Tony Adah
- You're Making This Too Easy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I need you., Tyler Anhorn
- Cosmic soul., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- What's up, dude..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Automatic Weaponry...And Kids….Ain't Chi.., James B. Earley
- I'll pray you never run away, Mark Heathcote