Myth: a photograph will steal your soul.
Yet, if you stare at the picture at the end,
Into the wide open landscapes, the architecture,
the innocent child’s face, or one’s lover’s eyes;
you stop to think, yet if for just a single second,
realizing, you have captured a memory.
If a landscape; you have captured nature, how it was intended.
A building; you are in awe of mankind and its power.
A child; you are holding a piece of that one-time youth forever
And a lover; you are making a promise.
Photographs are visual memories.
Tahlia Hilton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Photograph by Tahlia Hilton )
- Vindictive Vaginas, Gianni Pansensoy
- Life, John Mamhungaire
- Secret Garden, Gary Hembree
- सांसो की ना जाने कहाँ रफ्तार गई?, Aftab Alam
- head for the hills!, Macy Dvirnak
- तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय, Aftab Alam
- मैं क्या सोंचता हूँ, Aftab Alam
- NOT FAR OFF: A NEW BEGINNING, M.J Donnchadh
- Intoxicated Heart, Gianni Pansensoy
- From Adam, Gert Strydom