Myth: a photograph will steal your soul.
Yet, if you stare at the picture at the end,
Into the wide open landscapes, the architecture,
the innocent child’s face, or one’s lover’s eyes;
you stop to think, yet if for just a single second,
realizing, you have captured a memory.
If a landscape; you have captured nature, how it was intended.
A building; you are in awe of mankind and its power.
A child; you are holding a piece of that one-time youth forever
And a lover; you are making a promise.
Photographs are visual memories.
Tahlia Hilton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Photograph by Tahlia Hilton )
- Feminine Beauty, chanchal gupta
- Alone again, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- [Challenge] Entrees for September (Disqu.., Brian Johnston
- Indulgences, Jayatissa Liyanage
- From The Balcony, Heather Burns
- Ang undubai, Shri R Brahma
- 10 January 2014, Shri R Brahma
- October is next to September تشرين الاول.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- October is next to September, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I feel bored, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns