RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Pictures Of Nature
Air above me hung like silken lace upon a bridal gown.
It's touch left me without a hint of life untold and
to a memory left still and cold.
What has happened on this hearth of dry and bloody
stone to bring a tear to a frozen passer-by?
A hint of weeds blew gently over and touched the green
For a few seconds it stayed slightly bent and popped up
again without the wind.
Sticks stuck mightily in a garden rare, of chicken wire,
rags and bare, bare roots heaving everywhere.
Things are bad and flowers gather in small crowds to see,
hear and feel the wind-swept flood of tears.
A cloud crawled into the bluest of skies and like an ax,
it fell upon these eyes.
Knowledge that this one hadn't any silver lining.
Blades of grass whispered silently through the air and
clung heavily to their small round bits of earth.
A dandelion blown away to send it's seeds for newness
come again in spring.
Life goes on, it cries and is scattered throughout the
Rolling upward curves a hill and falling, it goes down
the other side.
Topic of this poem: Poem
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pictures Of Nature by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(12 May 1812 – 29 January 1888)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1644 - 1694)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Beyond, Fabrizio Frosini
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Textology - 2. Exclamations, Joseph Archer
- Si boru puas si boru Bakkara, molu dung .., Mapung Madura
- I Wore The Fox, Naveed Akram
- Clearing the void, Phil's Writings
- The Treacherous Bride, Asaolu Abayomi
- Them, Tanja Henderson
- It is time for me to go home, Leong Ming Loong
- Forsaken For Your Sake, Asma Riaz Khan
- Textology - 1. Conditionals, Joseph Archer
- WHAT FOR?, Terry Collett