Piece of cake
i look at her an silently i know the fate,
of the black forest strawberry cake as she pulls the plate,
closer to her beautiful self.
gently... more so delicately she holds the fork
and i cant take my eyes off-
her immaculate fingers as they tighten on the fork's shaft,
with necessary force she drives the fork into the cake- she smiles to herself.
i look as she brings it closer to her mouth-
a series of events unfold:
her eyelids meet as she closes her eyes
reviling a beautiful shade of blue eye Shadow
her mouth opens- involuntarily showing off her pearly white teeth,
and her supple lips tenderly caress the tip of the fork,
as the cake lands on her velvety tongue
and her mouth welcomes the chunk of chocolate and cream,
the rest is all like a dream:
its all a series of take and break as she chews on the on the piece of cake.
her face looks flashed as she opens her gem like brown eyes- chocolate rush.
then suddenly her eyes dilate in surprise as her pearly whites meet the straw berry hidden in whipped cream...
she blushes when she notices that I've been staring all along.
i smile back!
silently admitting to myself that never have i witnessed a sight more gloriously right,
than watching her per take of just a piece of cake!
Barak Al'Mondia's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Piece of cake by Barak Al'Mondia )
- Reasonable truth, Kiran Prasad
- Lost Soul In The Hidden Wild, Electric Lady
- 雨Rain, qin xing
- Kamikaze Heart, Kewayne Wadley
- 难道你真是一片云（ Don't you is really a cloud? ）, qin xing
- Assuring Voice, Somanathan Iyer
- Synchronization, SALINI NAIR
- Best World, Kolade Seun
- For you, rest in peace, Cigeng Zhang
- Moon Beams, Yohan Confectioner
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)