Pierre - Lincoln Park Zoo
I am Francois langur, Pierre,
Born in July of oh thirteen.
Home is the Lincoln Park Zoo, where
So many humans can be seen.
I was bright orange when I was born,
So Aunties could give Mom a break.
I stuck out like the sun in morn,
Hard to give the Aunties the shake.
But now I'm changing color to
Black to blend with the family.
Before you see me, I'll see you.
That's just the way it's meant to be.
I could watch humans all day long.
They are so goofy - am I wrong!
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pierre - Lincoln Park Zoo by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra
- Maple Tree, Kyle Schlicher
- In the clouds, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Missing You Now, Nida Sofi
- EVERY POEM HAS ITS PHILOSOPHER AND ITS P.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Going to meet an end, gajanan mishra
- Helen Keller, Kyle Schlicher
- Insignificant, Kyle Schlicher
- I Watch The Ants, Kyle Schlicher
- Feel sorry, gajanan mishra