Lenin Meitei Thingujam
I may be a Boho,
But I do save for a teary day.
See this piggy bank?
It holds your words-in-eclipse,
The sniffed-up tears,
The silent wails in the key of E minor,
Your cascading laughter in B major,
The rainbow tantrums,
Beads of your cold sweat threaded with pain,
The whine after the wine;
Your moans, your groans, your love-loans,
The lipstick art, the nail carvings,
The SMS sonnets, the ballroom ballads
The pink perfume, the brink-pink blushes.
But forgive me,
Your love is too big to be pickled,
In a small poor man`s safe.
So I am making a kite,
And sending it up among the clouds.
When you remember me,
Just look up and see your love,
Take different shapes everyday.
If those cotton-balls turn wet,
And monsoon on us,
Don`t be sad, bad or mad;
Don`t burn, turn or run.
I`ll just be a whisper away
Just remind me of my old piggy bank.
Lenin Meitei Thingujam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Piggy Bank by Lenin Meitei Thingujam )
- The Final Feast, Smoky Hoss
- First Day Of School, Joseph T. Renaldi
- The Return, Smoky Hoss
- A poem for a poem, Nikola Pajtic
- Candlelight, Matt Mooney
- High Rollers, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Nightmares at your feet, Nikola Pajtic
- Dying roosters, Nikola Pajtic
- Narcissus, Mark Heathcote
- Birthday, bryan wallace
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mark R Slaughter
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow