Lenin Meitei Thingujam
I may be a Boho,
But I do save for a teary day.
See this piggy bank?
It holds your words-in-eclipse,
The sniffed-up tears,
The silent wails in the key of E minor,
Your cascading laughter in B major,
The rainbow tantrums,
Beads of your cold sweat threaded with pain,
The whine after the wine;
Your moans, your groans, your love-loans,
The lipstick art, the nail carvings,
The SMS sonnets, the ballroom ballads
The pink perfume, the brink-pink blushes.
But forgive me,
Your love is too big to be pickled,
In a small poor man`s safe.
So I am making a kite,
And sending it up among the clouds.
When you remember me,
Just look up and see your love,
Take different shapes everyday.
If those cotton-balls turn wet,
And monsoon on us,
Don`t be sad, bad or mad;
Don`t burn, turn or run.
I`ll just be a whisper away
Just remind me of my old piggy bank.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Piggy Bank by Lenin Meitei Thingujam )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Phantom!, Denis Martindale
- Combing Interior Forces, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Songs of A Bull Frog (Part Three) .., Merton Lee
- Awesome Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fluid Insturmental Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Satisfied, Robert Ronnow
- Ones Parents, michael walkerjohn
- Fascinating Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dwelling In Perfection, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Line to You, Olufayo Ezekiel