Alessandra Liverani (Wollongong, Australia)
Children, please come inside, the light is going fast
But Mum, we can't, there's a dragon we must get past
A fire breathing monster guarding the front gate
We can't fight against it, it's spewing venom and hate
Don't be silly, children, that's just your imagination
This terrifying creature that has such fascination
Quickly come inside, there is nothing for you to fear
Come in this instant children, do you hear?
But Mum, you know that dragons really do exist
What about the cigarette dragon, you have heard it hiss
It has had you shaking, shaking in sheer fright
You've tried to fight against it with all of your might
But you can't fight a dragon, because they are fierce and huge
You can't fight a dragon, it's like fighting a deluge
All you have to do is see clearly in your mind
That this is a dragon of the imaginary kind
(Sydney, Australia - 2003)
Poet Other Poems
- - Jiving in the Jungle : : Humour
- - Cama Cama Cama Cama Cama Not a Lion::...
- - In The Garden: : Humour
- - Item Six, A Bag Of Nothing: : Humour
- - Lemon Pepper Sauce: : Humour
- - A Storm In A Teacup: : Humour
- - Am I a Spoodle: : Humour
- - Blind Fear: : Humour, Inspiration
- - Brassed Off: : Humour
- - Bronwyn's Birthday: : Humour
- - Buying Lunch: : Humour
- - Changing The Daily Backup Tapes: : Hum...
- - Dining In Style: : Humour
- - Disobedient Disobedience (Parody of Di...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.