Here we go again on a Monday too
Doing forty miles an hour maybe forty two.
I'm always a careful driver where did he come from?
"Morning sir. L.A.P.D Nice BMW. Hell, you were going like a bomb."
"Officer I was doing forty, maybe forty two I was doing the same
As all three lanes about three hundred folks, and you."
"Well it just isn't your lucky day boy no matter what your speed
Surprises me you knew how fast, does that mean you can read? "
I gripped the wheel tighter I could hear the leather squeak
"Do you mind if I look inside your trunk so I can take a peek? "
Hot wire coursing through my veins I gently turned the key.
"You going somewhere special boy or just cruising round the streets? "
"I was trying to get myself to work, I'll probably be late."
"Then you'd better call your boss right now you'll be in PRECINCT 968."
"Can I ask why I'm being arrested? Why I've been singled out alone? "
"I don't know yet. I haven't thought. I'll let you know fore noon."
Whilst looking at my license. "Any weapons Com-Leroy-Bold
You n****** got some funny names! " It's then my blood ran cold.
"I've got a Heckler and Koch in the glove box, and a shopping list on the seat, are you a real law enforcer or some joker off the street? "
"Well your days may well be numbered, I'm sick and tired of this s***.
You see my name is not Com Leroy Bold that's the title that befits.
So don't get flushed with anger you've already got that hate
because I'm on my way to work just now and it's terrible that I'm late.
Because I'm COMMANDER-Leroy-Bold your new boss at 9-6-8! "
Craig Anderson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (PLEASE...Not Again. by Craig Anderson )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Peace will prevail..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Divine Vs Divination, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Richmond Explodes, John Allen Richter
- Solomon's empire, hasmukh amathalal
- Restart, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- A Naat A warning Paposh Hayn Hum, Akhtar Jawad
- Values, Luo Zhihai
- TRUTH DEVOURING, Michael P. Johnson
- Dreams Money Can Buy, Ravinder Dhaliwal
- a Fading Torment, Tim Labbe